Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Urban Archeology

In the article on Urban Archeology that I recently read in Aperture, I saw and read about the work of Andrew Moore. I like the pictures of the buildings mainly because of what happened in those places rather than giving credit to the photographer. The photographer may earn some credit for finding those places and coming up with the idea of taking picture of such ruins, but I think the buildings themselves have their own character and story to tell. I was amazed that the buildings were torn and I can imagine that when the buildings were first made, they were very detailed. I also find how the theater building was so colorful. It was also interesting to me how Moore said that a friend of his used the stage to practice his routines. The picture of what seemed to be like a garage, at first glance made me think that it was a drawing rather than a photograph. the icicles gave it an interesting look. The angle that it was taken at made it seem as if the building was taken at a slant...

No comments:

Post a Comment