Monday, November 30, 2009

My Work

I have recently finished my mixed media project, and in it I cut up two pictures that I took of my cousin running and jumping. Then I used them as stencils to draw harder cut-ups of the shape. After that I placed them on a large sheet of paper and have the shape going from a jet black in the center, out to a lighter gray, then to the picture. After this to fill up the empty space, I painted it with water colors.
For my concentration, I am using a holga to capture movement in a series but on the same image. I plan on using the holga to capture dance and the different steps between it. It should come out nice and should look interesting. I also plan on shooting sports and other human actions, but I want to challenge myself to try and capture movement between different objects. Maybe looking into a ball bouncing, or a water balloon popping. Something interesting like those ideas, because you can only do so much with people.

1 comment:

  1. Your using a holga to capture movement, I haven't seen any holga images?

    ReplyDelete