Monday, August 17, 2009

Belgium

I may or may not have told you about the recent discovery of some distant cousins of mine which I met through Facebook.com earlier this year. I met them and one of them happens to also be a photographer. I will put up a few of my favorites to show you his work. I also took some pictures with his camera using a fish-eye lense. The first one is of me and my brother at Boston Bowl. The second one, my cousin Sam, from Belgium, took during his stay when he first arrived in the states with his sister. It was taken while my aunt was driving. The third one I do not know much about, I saw it and thought it was very nice how the colors came together at one point, and also the effect it gives when looking at it. It seems as if im being pulled into the image as i look at it. The fourth is the famous Chicago Skyline. I have seen this exact image on the internet before and when i saw his version of it, it made me love the city even more. He took this photo by the lake. The fifth and sixth photos, i took while he was at my house. I was experimenting with the fisheye lense, so i took some pictures. The woman at the computer is my other Belgique cousin, Lise, across from her is my momma, my father is sitting on the couch, and Sam is sitting on the far right. In the other picture, Sam is on the left, my brother is by the fence, and my younger cousin is on the right. Last and certainly not least, is my favorite picture that he took. The night before they left for Chicago, we went for a drive to Micky Ds and it happened to be raining and he took this picture. I think the picture is amazing because of the colors that are in it, the focus that is in the car, the eerie feeling that i get when i look at it, and also because of the effect the fisheye gives. I look to practice shooting at night so that i can get images this clear and detailed.

1 comment: